Self employment: Be your own boss
Employment options for students that want to be Independent are innumerous, you just need to tap you energy and know your interest! One plus point of this quickly modernizing world is the number of jobs, some not so conventional, that have some up. I don’t mean the government or private based businesses that are dependent on recession, money economy and everything else. What I mean is the number of unconventional self-employed opportunities that are out there. Now, you can have your own business, and I use the word very loosely, and be totally independent.
We all have heard examples of self-made millionaires. They did it on their own and if you play your cards right, you too can have a stable income-source. I’m not saying that you will become famous or filthy rich but you will have a job that pays the bill.
Here is a list of some jobs that allow you to earn money on your own terms:
- Tuitions: : This one is very common and going by the current trend, very popular. From an undergraduate student to a qualified teacher, the job employs everyone who has the ability to teach. And of course the pay is good. There is no lack of subjects either. From mathematics to geography to English, you can go for any subject of your choice. Once you are established as a tutor, more and more students will come to you (if you are good).
- Freelance writing:: If you are interested in writing, this job is perfect for you. Several companies across the nation require writers who can cover particular topics. All you need is a computer and a stable internet connection. You can work from the comfy confines of your home.
- Gardening:If you love greenery and have a way with plants and trees, you can look for a job that requires landscaping. Houses, malls and parking lots have garden patches that need to be looked after and you can apply for these jobs.
- Online buying and selling: This seems to be an emerging trend. You sell stuff online for a profit price. All you need to have is a knack for this kind of business dealing.
- Babysitting and childcare centers: In most families, both the Parents are involved in their job and sometimes they need a person to look after their young child. You need to have patience and a comfortable hand to handle children. Day care centers are popular in companies too, where the mother can leave her infant and work uninterrupted. So explore this idea if you are interested and good with kids.
- Online sales and marketing: The internet has become an important part of our life and we spend most of our time surfing on various websites. So it stands to reason that the companies would also target this networking to increase their sales. These companies hire individuals to promote, advertise and sell their products online.
- Event planner:Birthdays, anniversaries, engagement parties, bridal showers, baby showers, etc. the list is endless. There are a number of occasions for which people throw a party and sometimes they need help in planning it through. This is where an event planner steps in. Not only individuals, but also several big and small companies hire an event planner to micro-manage the details of the party. You need to have an excellent organizing and managing skills and you are all set.
- Handicraft businesses: Machine made products may have better finishing but a hand-made product has its own lure. Handmade cards, paper folders, albums are very popular among youngsters and it is a whole new business. If you are artistic and interested, you can look up this idea.
- Spa and salon: This one requires you to have a very particular talent. But if the talent is in you, this business requires very little start-up money and if you are established, it becomes a lucrative job.
These are a just a few sample jobs that are waiting for you out there. You can create new jobs if you are able to analyze the market properly. You just have to keep in mind what the public wants and work your way around it. So if you are unable to get a job because of recession, or if you want to have your own business, explore the market and then set up your profession. Don’t be afraid to try out new ideas as you never know when the tides will decide to turn in your favor. And apart from that, Self-employment will bring out the best in you, help you build confidence.
Find your career path